Adult Volunteer Opportunities
Adult volunteers are a great asset to Creative Discovery Museum. Right now we have the following opportunities available.
For more information,
or call (423) 648-6046.
Club Discovery Coach
Opening Available: 10 - 20
Club Discovery (Club D) is a free, inclusive after-school program designed for children ages 6-12 with and without special needs. During Club D, children practice life-skills by participating in activities with each other and supportive adults. Club Discovery gives every child an opportunity to belong. Club D Coaches will encourage positive interaction by involving all participants in activities using a variety of methods of behavior management and positive reinforcement. Coaches will escort the children throughout the museum, encourage independence as the child is comfortable and support the lead staff member as needed.
- Lead and interact with group of 4-5 students each week
- Guide group through the schedule and help group transition to new activities
- Assist children with all activities such as art, dancing and games
- Help keep group on task
- Commitment of 5 weeks required. Club D’s fall mini-session meets on Tuesdays, September 1through September 29 with an added commitment to participate in the IRONKIDS Fun Run on September 26th. All dates meet from 5:00pm until 7:30pm with the exception of September 26th, which will meet at Ross’ Landing around 8:30am and stay until the race is completed.
- High energy level
- Ability to work with a variety of personalities and communicate effectively
- Experience working with children preferred
- Demonstrated ability to be an effective part of a team and be flexible
- Must be physically able to sit, stand and walk
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Museum floor and classrooms
To sign-up, please contact Amanda Ward, Volunteer Manager at (423) 648-6046 or email@example.com.
Background check required for all volunteers.
Work directly with our education staff to deliver exciting science or art classes as part of a school group tour.
Natural Treasures Trading Post Specialist
Share your love of nature and the outdoors at the Creative Discovery Museum - Volunteers are needed to share their love of nature with young learners by operating the Natural Treasures Trading Post. The Natural Treasures Trading Post provides children with the opportunity to trade in their special finds for unique treasures of natural wonders from the Museum’s collection. Traders earn points for their treasures based on the novelty of the item as well as their knowledge of the specimen. Help the Museum encourage children to explore the natural world by becoming a Natural Treasures Trading Post Specialist! Trading Post hours are Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays from 1:30 – 4:30 p.m. No experience is necessary as complete Specialist training is provided by Museum staff.
Get 'behind the scenes' and help with a wide variety of tasks in Education and Development.
Become an ambassador of the museum through working with families at events in the local community.
Have a 'hands on' experience of your own by getting involved with setting up new exhibits and maintaining props.
Want to serve a hotdog, sell a ticket, or test a new toy? The variety as a customer service volunteer is almost as big as their smiles.