What Does Money from AmuseUm Support?
Proceeds from AmuseUm Go To . . .
WHAT DOES THE MONEY FROM THIS EVENT SUPPORT?
The funds raised from AmuseUm help the Museum remain a vital resource for the community by offering quality programs and exhibits to over 260,000 people (including 60,000 schoolchildren).
Admission fees and other earned income activities cover only about 65% of the Museum costs. We depend on the support of individuals, corporations and foundations to cover the rest. The following programs would not be possible without such generosity:
- School Outreach Lessons - taking the Museum to the classroom with curriculum based programs in the arts and sciences
- School Tours - bringing classes to the Museum for enhanced learning experiences
- Special Exhibits - we've hosted "Curious George: Let’s Get Curious", "Adventures with Clifford the Big Red Dog" and "Bob the Builder: Project Build It!" Help us continue to bring fresh exhibits.
- PlayGym- developing motor, cognitive and social skills in children ages 4 months to 4 years old
- Free Admission Program - providing 35,000 free admissions to ensure that the Museum is here for everyone
- Teacher Workshops - teaching the teachers all about interactive learning
- Early Childhood Leadership Academy - partnering with United Way to strengthen early childhood centers
- MAP Teen volunteer program- training the leaders of tomorrow
- Art lessons and artists in residencies - nurturing the creative spirit of every child
- Family Math Nights, Science Nights, and Art Nights - helping children and parents work together on experiments and problem solving skills
If you would like to help support these programs but are unable to attend AmuseUm, please consider clicking here to make a donation.