Noon to 4 p.m.
- Noon - See how chocolate mousse is made and have a taste of the finished product
- 1 p.m. - Roll on up to make some sweet chocolate truffles
- 1:30 p.m. - Join us for messy fun and cheer on your favorite in the Chocolate Pie Eating Contest
- 2 p.m. - Make it bloom with chocolate decorative flowers
- 3 p.m. - They're small. They're versatile. They're chocolate chips! Don't miss this baking class (which will have plenty of samples).
- Make lotion using cocoa butter
- Sample three different types of chocolate
- Explore how chocolate pods are grown, picked, fermented, dried, roasted, and blended to make different forms of chocolate
In addition to all the sweet activities, a Guatemalan folkloric dance team will perform and a booth with examples of Guatemalan textiles, games and culture will be on-site for the duration of the Festival.
Artist support is provided through funding from Allied Arts of Greater Chattanooga and Tennessee Arts Commission.
Want a taste of what's to come? Here's the footage from the first Chocoloate Pie Eating Contest (held in 2014), featuring Creative Discovery Museum Executive Director Henry Schulson, meteorologist Bill Race of WTVC News Channel 9, meteorolgist David Karnes of WRCBtv Channel 3, and meteorologist Megan Wise of WDEF News 12. Thanks to all of them for being such good sports!