Themed Birthday Parties
$260 for members and $315 for non-members
4 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Sundays
Children ages five and up (maximum 15 participating children, maximum guests 30)
To schedule a Themed Birthday Party please contact Nancy at (423) 648-6045 or Sheila at (423) 648-6040.
Does your child love science, exciting hands-on activities and helping you cook in the kitchen? If so, Creative Discovery Museum has the perfect birthday party for you! The Museum can now be booked for exclusive themed children’s birthday parties!
Cooking Birthday Party
Cooking Birthday Parties will take place in the Museum’s Culinary Corner, a special area of the Museum that offers a unique, child-friendly cooking experience. Children will learn how to make individual mini pizzas and decorate cakes while wearing chef hats. Party guests will also get to go on a special photo scavenger hunt around the Museum.
“No one does a birthday party like Creative Discovery Museum!” said Suzanne Ness, Senior Programs Manager at Creative Discovery Museum. “This unique cooking experience will add a twist to a well-established party venue. The Museum staff is unsurpassed in providing a birthday party the entire family can enjoy!”
Wizards and Dragons Party
Children enjoy a magical afternoon of science they'll never forget! Culinary Corner will be transformed in to a magical place of learning and exploration as your child engages in the following science activities:
- Wingardium Leviosa – Is it magic or science? Watch as a ping pong ball levitates! (We'll give you a hint: it's the Bernoulli principle).
- Dragon Egg Jar Charm – Watch in amazement as an egg that doesn’t fit in the mouth of a jar is suddenly sucked in during this demonstration of the effects of cold and hot air.
- Screaming Mandrake Balloons – Children will make their own screaming mandrake as they learn about the science of motion and sound.
- Professor’s Orb – Create a crystal ball using dry ice. What they see in it will be only for them to fulfill.
- Potions – Children will mix their own "magic potions" using the secret ingredients. The results are amazing!
After they travel through these experiences, they will decorate and enjoy cupcakes, open gifts, and then enjoy time in the museum.
We know why you're really coming to the Museum. You want to play in the exhibits. Party guests will enjoy time in the Culinary Corner. They will decorate and eat cupcakes , open gifts, and then spend the remainder of their time playing in the Museum until 6 p.m..
PAYMENT AND CANCELLATION POLICY: Payment in full is due at time of registration. Cancellations 20 or more business days prior to the start date of the program will be fully refunded. Any cancellations received less than 20 business days prior to the first day of the program will forfeit 50% of the program fees. No refunds will be given for cancellations made the day of the program or later.
With the wide range of food allergies, the Museum can not guarantee this program is allergen free. Please contact the Museum in advance if food allergies are a concern for your family.