Countdown to Kindergarten
The first day of kindergarten is a milestone in the life of every child. Yet according to Chattanooga 2.0, only 40 percent of Hamilton County children are prepared with the skills needed to succeed in school. In response, Creative Discovery Museum is making sure that children are ready to start kindergarten with the Countdown to Kindergarten Club as a part of a broader community-wide effort to improve school readiness throughout the region.
Countdown to Kindergarten gives parents and caregivers of young children information and resources needed for their child to be better prepared to start school at no cost. Creative Discovery Museum seeks to enroll more than 2,000 children expected to start
kindergarten in the region.
Children who sign up for Countdown to Kindergarten receive the following benefits.
- A copy of “Blast Off” to read with your child. This book includes fun and exciting activities that will help prepare your child for that first day in Big School and beyond.
- A coupon for one child admission to the Warner Park Pool and Splash Park.
- The official Countdown Kid t-shirt. When wearing this shirt, your child will receive FREE admission to:
- The Countdown to Kindergarten Celebration kickoff at Creative Discovery Museum on April 28th, 11 AM - 3 PM. (For one child and one adult)
- Countdown to Kindergarten Day the Tennessee Aquarium on June 23rd. (For one child and one adult)
- Countdown to Kindergarten Day at the Lookouts game on June 24th at 2:15 PM. (with paying adult)
- Creative Discovery Museum anytime June 1 - August 1. (with paying adult)
- The Chattanooga Zoo anytime June 1 - August 1. (with paying adult)
“Children who enter kindergarten with the emotional, social, physical and intellectual skills needed to be ready for school are more likely to be successful during all of their school years,” said Jayne Griffin, Director of Education at the Creative Discovery Museum. “Creative Discovery Museum is proud to partner with other community organizations that support parents and children as they prepare for this meaningful milestone.”
Beginning mid-January 2018, rising kindergarteners can enroll at various locations including Creative Discovery Museum and at multiple community events throughout the spring. Registration ends June 30, 2018. The Countdown to Kindergarten campaign will launch with a grand celebration at Creative Discovery Museum on April 28 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. The event will honor rising kindergarteners and their families and celebrate their hard work in getting ready for school.
"Countdown to Kindergarten" is sponsored by:
and , with support from our community partners.