WHAT IS AN ENDOWMENT?
An endowment is an investment fund set aside for the long-term support of an organization. Only the income, or a portion of the income, is available to spend. The principal is preserved in perpetuity. That is, it is held forever in the organization's name. An endowment is a permanent pool of assets that is invested in a disciplined manner to grow over time.
By creating an endowment, you not only leave your legacy at the Museum, but you also help support a vital institution that is nationally recognized as a leader in its field with a vision to become a world class children's museum.
HOW CAN I BECOME A FOUNDING MEMBER OF THE GREAT FRIENDS TO KIDS FOREVER ENDOWMENT SOCIETY?
You can join the Museum's growing list of founding society members by giving to Creative Discovery Museum in one of several ways:
- Outright donations of cash, stock, bonds or mutual funds
- Purchase of bubble on Museum's outdoor Bubble Wall
- Real estate, insurance policies, IRA and retirement assets
- Bequests, planned or deferred gifts
You may also encourage contributions from family and friends to make your gift grow or honor someone special or memorialize a loved one with a gift to the Museum's Bubble Wall. Creative Discovery Museum's endowment has been established to ensure that families and children in the region will continue to benefit from this iconic community resource for generations to come. Endowment gifts can be made at any time of the year.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS FOR CREATIVE DISCOVERY MUSEUM OF BUILDING AN ENDOWMENT?
- It will further diversify the Museum's funding sources and produce a new and predictable income stream for the Museum, giving the Museum additional freedom to pursue its vision and goals
- Organizations with endowments are viewed as being financially responsible and forward looking - which can attract donors' support for the Museum's programs and exhibits
- An endowment will provide the resources and financial stability to plan confidently for the future and help the Museum continue to offer programs and exhibits that have enabled it to become one of the leading children's museums in the nation
WHY BECOME A FOUNDING MEMBER OF THE GREAT FRIENDS TO KIDS FOREVER ENDOWMENT SOCIETY?
No matter why others give, you have your own personal reasons. This is the way it should be. Philanthropy has tangible and intangible rewards. You will find that you are influenced by many motives-some humanitarian, some financial, some close to your heart. Whatever your reason for giving to Creative Discovery Museum, our staff will work with you to build an endowment gift that matches your interests and vision with the initiatives of the Museum.
PLEASE JOIN US IN A SPECIAL OPPORTUNITY PROVIDED BY THE CLARENCE E. HARRIS FOUNDATION.
The Clarence E. Harris Foundation has generously provided Creative Discovery Museum with a $250,000 challenge grant to help establish the Great Friends to Kids Forever Endowment Society. The foundation will match every society member gift dollar for dollar! Become a founding member of the Museum's Endowment Society and help meet the challenge.
For more information, please contact Henry Schulson, Executive Director, at 423-648-6065 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.