Exhibits - Coming Soon
Very Eric Carle: A Very Hungry, Quiet, Lonely, Clumsy, Busy Exhibit
Saturday, May 27 - Sunday, September 17
Step into colorful adventures based on the work of renowned and beloved author/illustrator Eric Carle. His classic "Very" series, all illustrated in his hand-painted tissue paper collage technique, introduces five special insects who take journeys of discovery. Each story is a testament to Eric Carle's love of nature, his respect for the emotional lives of children, and his recurring themes of friendship, creativity, and the power of imagination.
- Become the Very Hungry Caterpillar as they follow his path.
- Weave a web with the Very Busy Spider.
- Find their light with the Very Lonely Firefly.
- Make the Very Clumsy Click Beetle flip and jump.
- Compose a night symphony with the Very Quiet Cricket.
- Create artwork using many of Eric Carle's materials and techniques.
- Enjoy a gallery of prints from Eric Carle's "Very" book series.
The exhibit was co-organized by Children's Museum of Pittsburgh and The Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art.
|Very Eric Carle: A Very Hungry, Quiet, Lonely, Clumsy, Busy Exhibit sponsored locally by|