Girl Scout Junior Badges
Girl Scout Juniors can work toward a badge at our Scout Workshops conveniently located in downtown Chattanooga, Tennessee. We will take care of all the details, including the staff instruction, planning, and meals.
During a lock-in, a Junior Girl Scout can complete some or most requirements for one Junior Girl Scout Badge. All Juniors participate in the same activity and earn their badges together as a group. Groups will select one program and complete the requirements guides by Museum Staff.
We offer lock-in programs for Girl Scout Brownies, Boy Scout Cub Scouts and Boy Scout Webelos as well.
Girl Scout Junior Badges
- Junior Musician Badge: Explore how music is made, travel around the world of music, check out the music in your life, and make and perform music. When you earn this badge, you will know how to make and perform music for yourself!
- Junior Entertainment Technology Badge: Animate your artwork, dig into video game development, try the science of amusement park rides, create your own special effects, surf a sound wave and learn the science behind the world of entertainment when you earn this badge.
- Junior Jeweler Badge: When you earn this badge, you will make jewelry with metal, turn everyday objects into jewelry, create jewelry inspired by another culture, and make a sparkling gift.
- Junior Detective Badge: When you earn this badge, you will be able to practice observations, communicate in code, fingerprint for fun, try out detective science and follow clues to solve a real mystery.
- Junior Animal Habitats Badge: When you earn this badge, you will learn more about wild animals and their habitats. Investigate an animal habitat, create an animal house, explore endangered habitats, and protect animal habitats.
- Junior Playing the Past Badge: When you earn this badge, you will decide who you will be, create a costume, experience daily life, have some old-fashioned fun, and take on the life of your character. Discover how girls in the past lived, worked, and played.
Choose from an Overnight lock-in where your troop can sleep over or a Prime Time Evening for just a few hours. Remember to bring your adult leader and come prepared to have fun!
- Overnight: Juniors will receive full staff instruction, dinner, a snack, and breakfast. They will also receive time to explore the Museum. Cost is $30 per person and a minimum of $750 is required.
- Prime Time: For the Prime Time Evening option, Juniors will receive dinner and a snack, as well as time to explore the Museum from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. Cost is $20 per person and a $500 minimum required.
One adult per every five children is required for both options. Required chaperones receive free admission. Payment in full is due at time of registration. For more information or to book your evening, call Nancy at (423) 648-6045 or Sheila at (423) 648-6040.