Preschool Adventure Days
During Preschool Adventure Day, children will experience multi-sensory, hands-on activities that incorporate music, art, literacy and lots of fun.
“Research shows young children learn best by hands-on experience and Preschool Adventure Days provide a wealth of new vocabulary experiences,” said Erin Townley, Early Childhood Manager. “This is definitely an event that will provide lasting memories for children and families.”
All Around Town
Saturday, September 8
10 a.m. to noon
Activities included with admission
Preschool Adventure Day: All Around Town is a fun way for young children and their families to learn about workers and jobs in their community. Children will use their imagination and make new things as they explore a variety of occupations they encounter in their community. As our young learners play All Around Town, they will:
- Play with rescue and construction vehicles in the block city area;
- Dress up as a community helper and make a community helper stick puppet;
- Design a flower arrangement and a card in the flower shop;
- Practice making different shaped cookies in our Play-Doh bakery;
- Create a first aid materials collage in the doctor's office and more!
Don't miss this multi-sensory event perfect for young children and their caregivers. All Preschool Adventure Day activities are included with the price of admission.
With the wide range of food allergies, the Museum can not guarantee this program is allergen free. Please contact the Museum in advance if food allergies are a concern for your family.