Privacy and our Donors
Creative Discovery Museum adheres to the Association of Fundraising Professionals Code of Ethics and Donor Bill of Rights. Any solicitation will be done in a respectful manner without imposing undue pressure or discomfort on the person or entity being solicited. All gifts will be counted towards our Annual Fund unless otherwise specified or requested.
We are committed to maintaining the trust and confidence of our current, former and prospective donors. All staff will treat personal donor information as safely and securely as is possible. Therefore, anyone who contributes to Creative Discovery Museum will:
- Be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- Receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition unless the donor requests that their gift be anonymous.
- Be assured that information about their donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- Receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers to any questions relative to their donation.
- Be assured that the Museum does not sell, lease or rent any information on its member lists and will not do so in the future.
Employee or volunteer access to personal donor information is limited and is based solely on job function. Donor information is viewed only by staff who understand the confidential nature of the information.
Creative Discovery Museum does not store any account numbers or credit card numbers on our network or any other computer. We take all reasonable precautions to ensure the security of any data in our system.