Webelo Activity Badge
Be prepared for fun and achievement!
Boy Scouts can work towards a pin, badge or belt loop at our Scout Workshops conveniently located in downtown Chattanooga, Tennessee. We will take care of all the details, including the staff instruction, planning, and meals.
During a lock-in, Webelos Scouts can complete some or most requirements for one Activity Badge. All scouts participate in the same activity and earn their badges together as a group. Groups will select one program and complete the requirements guided by Museum staff.
- Webelo Artist Activity Badge:Talk to an art teacher about the different occupations in the art field. List the primary and secondary colors. Draw a profile of a member of your family. Make a mobile, using your choice of materials. Create a collage that expresses something about you. *Earn the Cub Scout Academics belt loop for art.
- Webelo Engineer Activity Badge:
Construct a simple working electrical circuit using a flashlight battery, switch, and light. Construct a model bridge of your choice. Make a simple crane using a block and tackle and explain how block and tackle is used in everyday life. Build a catapult and show how it works.
- Webelo Geologist Activity Badge:
Collect five geologic specimens that have important uses. Make a drawing that shows the cause of a volcano, geyser, or earthquake. List some of the geologic materials used in building your own home. Describe what a fossil is and find two examples of fossils in your area. *Earn the Cub Scout Academics belt loop for Geology.
- Webelo Scientist Activity Badge:
Show the effects of atmospheric and air pressure. Explain what causes fog. Explain how crystals are formed. Show three different ways how your eyes work together and what is meant by optical illusion. *Earn the Academics belt loop for Weather or Astronomy.
- Webelo Showman Activity Badge:
Explain what folk music is and hum, sing, or play a folk tune on a musical instrument. Write a puppet play about one of your Webelos den activities or a subject of your choice. Make a set of puppets or marionettes for the play you have written. With the help of three other den members, sing a song with the puppets as the performers. Write, put on, and take part in a one-act play.
Choose from an Overnight lock-in where your troop can sleep over or a Prime Time evening for just a few hours. Just remember to bring your adult leaders and come prepared to have fun!
- Overnight: Webelos will receive full staff instruction, dinner, a snack, and breakfast. They will also receive time to explore the Museum. Cost is $30 per person and a minimum of $750 is required.
- Prime Time: For the Prime Time evening option, Webelos will receive dinner and a snack, as well as time to explore the Museum 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. Cost is $20 per person and a $500 minimum required.
One adult per every five children is required for both options. Required chaperones receive free admission. Payment in full is due at time of registration.
Call Nancy at (423) 648-6045 or Sheila at (423) 648-6040 for details or to make your reservation today! Lock-insare booked on a first come, first served basis.