This Summer - Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood, A Grr-ific Exhibit
Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood, A Grr-ific Exhibit
Saturday, May 26 – Sunday, September 9, 2018
Sing, explore and pretend with friends and family in some favorite places from Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood. Based on the award-winning PBS KIDS television series Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood, Daniel and his friends help young children navigate their world and parents guide their journey.
Try a new activity, share a memory and make some new ones on this beautiful day. Daniel and friends bring the wisdom and life lessons of Fred Rogers to a new generation.
Children and families will:
- Transform into your favorite characters and neighborhood helpers, such as a policeman and doctor, using costumes and hand-held face masks. See yourself sparkle in the Imagination Mirror and act out a scene on the Imagination Stage.
- Use a simple knitting machine to create a piece of a red sweater.
- Visit the Clock Factory where you can play with different kinds of clocks; work with others to make the clock tick.
- Express yourself using one-of-a-kind musical instruments.
- Write or draw a thank you note to someone who has done something special for you and share it on the Thank You Tree.
- Meet Daniel and all of his friends at the Neighborhood School. Make each friend move and say something special.
- Sort, deliver and receive mail and packages at the Neighborhood Post Office.
- Select a block and place it on the table to hear to Daniel sing a strategy song from the series.
Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood, A Grr-ific Exhibit is created by the Children's Museum of Pittsburgh in partnership with The Fred Rogers Company.
Sponsored locally by
© 2016 The Fred Rogers Company. All rights reserved.